Sunday, November 18, 2012

I was thinking that November would be a little less hectic than October, but I may have missed the mark on that dream. I absolutely love to craft, and when our Delaney's snack of the week was letter "i", I knew exactly what I wanted to do, and I was hoping it would be around Thanksgiving. The icecream cone indian teepees with brownie inside (that the kids would decorate) were so fun to make. Delaney told me she would help make her friends the "initial" bracelets, but after about two bracelets, she lost interest. Oh well...
Mickey Mouse and Minnie celebrated their birthday the same day, so we took pictures that morning with our Minnie outfit and Sam Nolan dressed in "Mickey colors". :) I want to blog about Delaney's hair dilemma at this age. She has now decided that it's not as cool to wear bows anymore (at the ripe old age of three), so in order to get her to tame her naturally wavy hair each morning I have to show her googles images of Cinderella wearing a bow, give her a piece of gum, and tell her that she will have "crazy hair" if we don't put one in. Needless to say, we are going to grow her hair a little longer so ponytails will be in her future.
I loved Sam Nolan's face in this picture. He really only smiles like this. Open mouth and all. :)



Can you tell Delaney is trying to tell him to stop doing something? Her face says it all.
This past weekend, Sam Nolan turned 10 months old! I told Eric the other day, that to me, this is the most wonderful age. It truly gets better and better. He is babbling all the time, realizing who everyone is, making connections to his favorite toys (ball and remote control), and eating new food all the time. He is scooting around on his behind, but not really wanting to crawl. He pulls up on anything he can and doesn't like to be the only one on the floor. His newest word is "cra-cker." He is still a wonderful sleeper. :)
Trying to wave (backwards)
We have been getting our shopping accomplished before the Christmas crowds, and Delaney is definitely into our "girl's shopping day."
*Funny Delaney word usage* She recently had an "icecream field trip" at school, and when I asked her how it went she told me, "It was wonderful. You know it was a 'privilege' to go, Mommy."
Fun times.

No comments:

Post a Comment