Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas 2011

To start our Christmas 2011, we went to Eric's parents' house to visit with the Roberts family. We had some great food and enjoyed seeing everyone! When we left their house, we moved onto Memaw's house for our annual Christmas eve dinner. We opened many presents, sang a little, and ate some yummy food! Here are some pictures...



 Even Sam Nolan got gifts! Of course, we helped him open them.



 We rushed home to get ready for Santa Claus to come the next morning. On the way home we were talking about him and all of sudden Delaney said, "I scared (I'm scared.) I don't want Santa to come." I think she got a little scared of a strange man coming into our house. But once we assured her that he was sweet and would only leave presents and eat his milk and cookies, she was okay. When she woke up, she was very excited to see what he had left. I videotaped her reaction that morning, so Eric was in charge of taking pictures. Her reaction to all the stuff was, "Wow!" and "So much stuff!" Her favorites were: baby stroller, Dora doll, doll house, and pink fluffy puppy. She had such a fun time playing with all of it! She has never played by herself as much as she has the past day.



 Sam Nolan's presents...

 When Delaney asked, "Did Santa eat his cookies?" I showed her the plate...

 For breakfast, I made her a snowman made out of pancakes, bacon, and eggs. This is all of her favorite breakfast foods, and she loved it. (And it was on her new Dora plate)
After that, our family came over to see what Santa had brought. We watched the video of her Christmas program and reaction to Santa. Our Christmas was full of blessings, love, and family. What else do we need? As Delaney has said many times the past couple of days, "Happy Birthday, Jesus!!"

Sam Nolan update:
I went to the doctor for my 35 week appt. Everything looked great! I am extremely swolen, tired, and ready, but Sam Nolan isn't. I think he's going to stay in there a little while longer!! 4 more weeks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment