Sunday, January 15, 2012

Dear Sam Nolan

Dear Sam Nolan,
This quote is exactly the way I feel about meeting you: you are my heart. As I am writing this at 12:57 in the morning on the Sunday before I meet you (hopefully!!), I think about the miracle of you. Your daddy and I are trying to be patient awaiting your birth, but the anticipation of hearing you, holding you, and seeing your sweet face makes it nearly impossible to even sleep. You and I haven't met yet, but I can tell you that I love you more than you can ever imagine. I want nothing but happiness to be yours, although I know the worries and struggles this world will bring you. But don't worry, because you will know that there will always be a place at home for you; not only the home we have for you on earth, but the kingdom God has for you. He has given you the home in my tummy as a safe place to stay the past nine months, and it is almost time for your life with us to begin. We are ready, but I will miss the kicks and squirms only you and I have shared. No one else but us have felt the hiccups and dances you have performed in my belly. :) I am ready for you to meet the world and become the you that God has made. I pray that I will be the best mommy and friend I can possibly be, and that you walk through this world with the confidence knowing that you are never alone. I will do my best to show you all the things in life that make it wonderful. I promise to treasure every moment we have together and make memories that you will forever remember. You are my heart.

Love,
Mommy

1 comment: