Sunday, January 15, 2012

What's going on in there??

For the past two weeks, Sam Nolan has kept us all thinking: what's going on in there?? I have had a great pregnancy (minus the placenta problem) this far, and now it seems Sam Nolan might be playing games with us. :)  A few days after Christmas I went to the doctor to discover the pains and discomfort I was feeling was nothing more than normal pregnancy issues, and I was not dilated at all. What?! Then, one week later I was 2 1/2 cm dilated and thinned! The changes were a surprise to me, and I felt the upcoming arrival of Sam Nolan would be approaching quickly. Exciting!! Boy, was I wrong!! Eric and I made the trip to the hospital that same evening since I was having contractions and felt the need to be monitored. We were sent home with the diagnosis of having extreme dehydration and possible infection. One hundred bottles of water later, on January 5, I went to the doctor to discover I needed blood work to look at protein levels which were high. My blood pressure was also higher than normal. I was given a prescription for the infection and sent home...again.  It was an extremely long work week walking around dilated, and having many of my teacher friends at school being "on call" for the news of water breaking, labor contractions, etc. I had even prepared my car with towels just in case it happened at school.  I was also grateful that my mom came over each afternoon to sit with me and Delaney. The last doctor's visit, January 10, gave me no hope of anything new going on in there. With my 39 week appointment next week (January 17), we are hoping for some good news!! Bags are packed, Delaney's prepared, and Mommy's swollen and tired. I also think Daddy is tired of Momma being tired. :) Yes, we are all ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment