Friday, February 24, 2012

Stay-at-home fun!

I'm absolutely loving being able to take advantage of staying at home by coming up with something fun for Delaney and I to do. Sam Nolan will have to join us in the future since his favorite thing to do it eat and sleep. I recently found a list of things that sound easy and cheap for kids to do on pinterest, and I was eager to see how she reacted to the first activity...messy cooking! I had also read where the parents led their child to the activity with toilet paper. So here is my attempt to lead her to our activity after a nap:



 If you know me, you know that I throw almost everything away. So it was hard to find many ingredients to use in our recipe. But, I will definitely be keeping items that I know we can use in the future.
 She had the best time stirring and combining and stirring and tasting (yuck!)...
 Her favorite thing to do was add water using a new, empty soap dispenser I had purchased for another craft (but haven't managed to get to yet)...
 Her favorite ingredient was the grits. The consistency was really fun for her to stir. *Ignore the cake on her mouth. We had to eat a little snack while we were cooking...
 The finished product. We call it "Dora food."

No comments:

Post a Comment